Over the past four years, our customers have come to rely on IEX Cloud to deliver highly performant market and financial data APIs to power their products. We strive to deliver the best data experience we can, while acknowledging that data quality and breadth always present challenges and maintaining 99.9% delivery performance is no small task.
Last year, we introduced our data platform, Apperate, to help our customers more easily build with and deliver any data.
Today, we are further advancing our products to better meet the needs of our customers. Here is what you can expect.
We are releasing Apperate in GA with significantly expanded capabilities
- We are releasing Apperate into General Availability, following a six-month beta. Apperate is now fully integrated with our event processing capabilities (the artist formerly known as Rules Engine). You can now stream, filter, store, and deliver real-time data in Apperate – both your data and ours.
- The Apperate platform streaming data platform for finance includes everything you need to build event-driven applications.
- Apperate is available through tiered, usage-based infrastructure plans designed to meet your needs at various stages of development and scale. The new plans allow you to pay as you go, based on your requirements.
- Read our documentation to learn more about Apperate: https://iexcloud.io/documentation/getting-started/what-is-iex-cloud-apperate.html
We are introducing IEX Cloud Data Bundles as mix-and-match options, with no usage fees
- Overwhelming feedback from our community was that usage-based pricing on data was difficult to understand and predict. Our customers also asked us to provide more flexibility in choosing the endpoints that matter to their business.
- We are introducing IEX Cloud Data Bundles as mix-and-match options so you can purchase the endpoints you need. Data Bundles are add-ons to our Apperate plans, with predictable monthly subscription pricing.
- Furthermore, these changes will ensure that we can continue to grow alongside our customers and provide you with the quality of data that you have come to rely on from IEX Cloud. Data Bundles will be delivered via the Apperate platform and require an Apperate access plan; however, they will not incur additional usage-based fees for API calls of the included endpoints.
- You can read about our full list of Data Bundles with the associated monthly pricing at our docs site: https://iexcloud.io/documentation/using-core-data/data-bundles.html
We are deprecating some endpoints that did not meet our quality standards, but Apperate can still help you
- We have always taken pride in the high-quality financial data we provide. Moving forward, we have decided to deprecate several endpoints that did not meet our stringent quality standards, such as Crypto.
- We understand you may turn to alternate data providers for Crypto. Apperate can still help you! The Apperate platform allows you to connect to data from other providers and directly deliver the data to your desired destination, either by publishing events or via RESTful API call. Contact our support team to learn more about this works.
Building with Financial Data Sets and APIs
In this article, you'll learn how to incorporate financial data into your application. First, you'll learn more about how to plan for and use real-time financial data in your applications. Then, you'll use the financial API provided by IEX Cloud's Apperate platform to build a financial stock website using NestJS.
Taming the Chaos: Sourcing Financial Data from Multiple Providers
Combining multiple data sources can help your app or website stand apart from the pack. However, it also comes with several challenges. This guide can get you started on the right foot.
Have question about our platform and how to get started?